Lonely Planet 3 of France's Best Road Trips
By Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher Discover the freedom of the open road while touring Europe with Lonely Planet's new full-colour Road Trips series. Visit the spots others zip right by: the hidden viewpoint, the local pÃ¢ti...
We last checked this book on amazon.co.uk on the 8 Aug 2017 @ 23:17 UTC +00:00. It appears that either this book is no longer available or is no longer free.
You can visit amazon for the most up to date information. If it is still available, please check the price before ordering.Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of the open road while touring Europe with Lonely Planet's new full-colour Road Trips series. Visit the spots others zip right by: the hidden viewpoint, the local pÃ¢tisserie, the secret beach. To kick-start your perfect European adventure, our FREE SAMPLER '3 of France's Best Road Trips' features three of our all-time favourite French excursions. Excerpted from Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips, Chateaux of the Loire Valley Road Trips, and Provence & Southeast France Road Trips, this is your passport to uniquely encountering France by car.
Inside '3 of France's Best Road Trips' (A Sampler):
- Get inspired - regional highlights, expert recommendations, gorgeous photography
- Planning advice - illustrated itineraries to help you design your ideal road trip
- Discover even more - detours, local secrets, walking routes, ways to link trips
- Get around easily - full-colour maps of featured routes, detailed directions, up-to-date advice, practical tips about local driving rules, parking and toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- The Lavender Route (From Provence & Southeast France Road Trips) - Gordes to Plateau de Valensole. Drift dreamily along Provence's fragrant countryside - quiet back roads, sleepy hilltop villages, fields of glorious purple blooms
- Route des Grands Crus (From Chateaux of the Loire Valley Road Trips) - Gevrey-Chambertin to Puligny-Montrachet. Wind your way from one historic and legendary vineyard to the next through Burgundy's picture-book Route des Grands Crus - bucolic views, upscale wine chateau experiences, world-renowned wine
- D-Day's Beaches (From Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips) - Caen to Utah Beach. Step back in time along D-Day's Beaches, where somber history meets breathtaking scenery - stunning bluffs, quiet landing beaches, fascinating war museums, sobering memorials
There's more in Store for You:
- Ready to hit the road, or inspired to read more? Check out the featured Lonely Planet Road Trips guides for additional itineraries. Each guide features all of a region's best routes, from 2-day escapes to week-long adventures, helping you to get out of the major cities and into picturesque landscapes and unforgettable experiences.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet France's Best Trips covers road trip itineraries for the whole country.
- Don't stop there. See more of Europe's picturesque back roads with Italy's Best Trips and Ireland's Best Trips. Also, check out our FREE SAMPLER '3 of the USA's Best Trips' and Pacific Coast Highway Road Trips, San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips, and Route 66 Road Trips for more inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. Our writers go so we know. We never take freebies so you can trust our recommendations.